This recipe is diary free, sugar free, vegan, and gluten free! It is a perfect meal for a cold night when paired with quinoa.
Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 ½ cups canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro for garnish, if desired
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Lemon-tahini dressing, optional
- ½ cup tahini
- ¾ water, as needed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl until cauliflower and chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet lined with foil and roast about 25 minutes, until tender.
- While the cauliflower mixture is roasting, whisk or blend all ingredients together, slowly adding water until you reach a desired consistency. Dressing will keep for 5 days.
- Serve as a side dish, or over a warm bed of quinoa as a main dish.
You may substitute broccoli for the cauliflower, if desired.
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe by Christina Bedetta: bit.ly/RoastedCauliflowerAndChickpeas
Lemon-tahini dressing recipe by Gena Hamshaw: bit.ly/LemonTahiniDressing